23 September 2020

Darwin's fake theory

 Notes I found while going through my old papers.

I didn't date the note or attribute it, so all I know is that I have it. I can't even remember making it, let alone photocopying it.

Nevertheless, here it is:

Darwin's theory is 'evaluative', based on observations of species (or single species -- a number of them). It is not a theory; that is, a priory explanatory but forms itself a posteriori -- observation without considering alternative explanations and without experimental or observational support of its central thesis which is derivative: derived from the evaluative component which itself is purely verbal, or literary, not scientific.

Interestingly, the engine of Darwin's theory: natural selection and chance variation is depletative. It was also identified by Edward Blythe as the engine of change in organisms: but not beneficially accumulative.