27 May 2016

The big 5

On the Christianity Today site an article was run the other day on questions Christians need to face about creation.

I'll summarize:

1. Are we willing for the Bible to change our minds?

OR are we content to ride with the materialism that denies God's communication and seeks to deploy its mythology of evolution?

2. Does the timeline really matter?

OR should I deny the import of the coordinated chronology markers in the text and refer instead to a materialist dogma, noting that pagans have always sought long ages to disconnect themselves from any primary causal event.

3. Is your view a compromise to the spirit of the age?

OR does the creation account just not matter in its inspired detail?

4. Am I allowing the text to speak for itself?

OR am I retrospectively filling it with the documentary hypothesis and all this entails for its facticity?

5. Is there more to agree on that disagree on?

OR do I want to supress argument (in the good sense) so I won't have to explain how modern humanist-materialism is consistent with Adam's rejection of relationship with God?

If I get to it, I'll summarise the argument and comment over coming weeks (as I get time).